Monday, November 1, 2010

Lingering Pain

I spent five hours in the car last Wednesday driving from Kitty Hawk to Washington DC for a work related conference.  6 am was the wake up time Thursday, Friday and Saturday for breakfast, key note speakers and classes all related to the conference.  After the last class of the day let out my co-worker and I met up with her Dad and toured the area and had dinner.  The bedtime Wednesday - Friday was between 11 and midnight.  On top of that, I lugged the following from my car to our hotel room on Wednesday and from our hotel room to my car on Saturday:  suite case on wheels, shoulder bag with school text books, shoulder bag with laptop, briefcase, purse and body pillow.  I then spent another five hours in the car for the drive back to Kitty Hawk on Saturday.  Apparently all of the above contributed to the great pain that I was in all week. 

I returned home around 5 on Saturday.  Our dryer quit working while I was gone and Eddie was sick with a virus the entire time.  We needed to get the sheets washed so that I wouldn't get sick.  With no dryer available, we decided to make a Walmart run and purchase a second set for our bed.  On the way into Walmart my left foot gave out and down I went. 

Upon returning home from Walmart I finally decided that pain had become unbearable and I called my physician.  I was instructed to take one Tylenol, one Tylenol PM, drink lots of water and keep my feet off the floor for the next 36 hours.  Well.....the pain is still lingering.  I am not sure what I have done to myself, but trying to walk has become quite comical.  The pain is not the comical part, but the waddling from side to side and slowness of pace has just started to get to me.

We go to the high risk doctor in Norfolk on Thursday.  I am hoping to get answers to why I am hurting so badly and if the pain will subside.  Will post an update once we know something.

On another note, all of my preggo friends and acquaintances down in Georgia have been finding out the sex of their babies at sixteen weeks.  I on the other hand have to wait until twenty weeks.  That hardly seems fair!  December 12th marks twenty weeks so I'm hoping for an appointment on Monday, December 13th to get the news! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment